Hello color lovers 😀
Are you also a stationary freak?
Do you go crazy looking at those bundles and heaps of new pens, pencils, brushes, paints at a stationery store?
Do you love visiting an art supplies store just to see those lovely and beautiful and soothing colors wonderfully arranged on the racks?
If you are, surely you cannot resist grabbing some to draw gorgeous stuff like the well known Staedtler pens.
Image courtesy: The antsy mind- instagram
So did I, went ahead and purchased the Staedtler triplus fineliner – Pack of 20, for making Zentangle and Mandalas artworks, and felt like sharing my experience with everyone.
So, here you go !
Checkmysecret.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.in. We provide unbiased feedback to the visitors to help them choose right products at amazon at the same price.
Brief Snapshot : Staedtler triplus fineliner pens
|Product Name||Staedtler triplus fineliner||Pack of 20 pens|
|Number of pens||20||All exclusive colors, no repetition of colors in their collection.|
|Shape and weight||Lightweight and triangular body||Easy to grab in fingers witha comfortable grip ( ergonomic)|
|Water-proof||No||The ink is not waterproof, but this can be used to shade and merge colors using paintbrushes|
|Pack size and colors||
|The set of 20 has black, yellow, brown, purple, blue-green, shades of oranges (2), reds (2), pinks (2), blues (4), greens (3), greys (2).|
Detailed product review
What i liked the most:
- The pens are lightweight, greyish triangular body hence easy to grab in fingers with a comfortable grip (ergonomic).
- Have the habit of leaving the pens uncapped. No worries, the pens won’t dry out (‘Dry Safe’ as claimed by Staedtler).
- The color intensity is commendable, you will notice a difference in color once it dries and settles on the paper, but not a major one.
- I am using the pens for Zentangle patterns and Mandalas, and its working amazingly so far, no fading of the colors even after working nonstop with it.
- The set of 4/10/20 pens come in a sturdy plastic translucent case. The top of the case can be opened and folded backward, making the case a pen stand while you are at work. Very handy to use.
- A gentle erasing of the pencil marks under these pens’ drawing won’t be an issue, the color won’t fade out (as observed in some other good brands).
Have a look at the art made by our author (@The antsy mind) with the help of Staedtler triplus fineliner pens:
- Unfortunately, the ink isn’t waterproof. But yes, some professionals use this as an advantage to shade and merge colors using paintbrushes. You can take precautions of keeping a towel or tissue under your palm while working with these pens.
- The pens do not have any color shades or number mentioned on it, it’s just the cap and bottom tip in the color as the ink color. The label on the back of the case has indications of the color guide with only numbers (no name) as per the order of their placement it the case. So, I suggest you make your shade card for an easy go.
- You can consider them as markers, hence won’t suggest you use on thin paper as it will spread out and imprint on the surface below the paper, go for thick papers which you will use for mandalas and Zentangles.
- I tried using it over white pens/whiteners corrections but did not work that well.
The set of 20 has black, yellow, brown, purple, blue-green, shades of oranges (2), reds (2), pinks (2), blues (4), greens (3), greys (2). So, all shades of colors are enveloped in the product.
How to get your hands on it
Staedtler triplus fineliner pens are also available in the set of 4,10,12,15,30,36,50 and they can be purchased from Amazon.in
Rating at Amazon.in
(846 ratings) 4.6
Also, Have a look at these different Staedtler fineliner pens:
Staedtler Triplus Fineliner 0.3mm
Staedtler Fineliner Color Pen Set
Staedtler Johanna Basford Triplus Fineliner
For retail shops supplying original Staedtler colored pens and other Staedtler products in India, you can check the website www.alphafirst.in for the list.
I must say Staedtler India has been very thoughtful and innovative in making these pens.
I won’t hesitate to say that this is a high-quality, must-buy product that would be a great companion in your art journey. You can do wonders with such a wide variety of beautiful Staedtler colores which the brand is providing. So, go ahead, try out variations and gradations with these colors, create some jaw-dropping artwork, and share with us.
Wishing you good health and happiness 🙂
How many days Staedtler gel pen work?
I depends on the roughness of the paper: the rougher the surface, the faster the tip will wear out. Still, its better than the average gel pens available in the market as it has CAP OFF technology: this means that the fineliner can be left uncapped for at least 12 hours without drying up.
If you liked this article then please rate it here: